I am a big fan of healthy living blogs. In fact, I always say I am going to blog about what I eat, how I exercise, etc., but that never happens. However, I thoroughly enjoy reading healthy living blogs my favorite being Peanut Butter Fingers, but I recently discovered Sweet Tooth Sweet Life, and I am enjoying her blog as well.
Sweet Tooth Sweet Life recently had a Christmas Survey I enjoyed, so I thought I’d take part in and fill it out as well. Here it goes…
1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song? Mariah Carey Christmas of course, BUT every since I met my husband the RatPack Christmas comes in second.
2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off? No running on Christmas day, but we always go for a nice stroll with our coffee in hand… even if there is snow on the ground. This year, we will do the same even if it means bundling up Claire.
(And the answer is no, I don’t spend Christmas on IU’s campus, I just love this picture… and the HOOSIERS!)
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? Chocolate Chip pancakes, bacon, eggs and some kind of speciality coffee. I just bought some Peppermint Mocha Creamer today at the grocery store that we can add to the list on Christmas morning.
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition? I love them all! Does that count? When I was younger we always went to Christmas Eve Mass and then came home and opened one gift and it was new pajamas to wear to bed that night. My siblings and I also used to always sleep in the same bedroom on Christmas Eve: when we were younger it was the same bed. We continued this tradition until I got married, but it wasn’t in the same bed. The last Christmas before I was married we still slept in the same room: my sister and I slept in the same bed and my brother on the floor.
At our home, we have implemented the pajama tradition and buy each other new jammies every year… and now, little Claire gets new jammies on Christmas Eve too. We also go to the candlelight Christmas Eve service at our church, and come him and watch a Christmas movie. I can’t wait for Miss C to get to go up for the Children’s message at our church on Christmas Eve and receive an ornament on her first Christmas- I love making new traditions with my new family of 3.
(And yes, this is my church on Christmas Eve)
5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree? Real tree. We go and pick out our tree the Friday after Thanksgiving and decorate it. I love it! We always start a fire, watch Christmas Vacation and decorate the tree. I love going through all the ornaments and remembering where we got them from.
(Although we aren’t cool and we don’t go cut it down… we just cheat and go to Lowe’s)
6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay? Well new pajamas, yes, but they don’t have to be “Christmas-y”. Actually I prefer them not to be so that I can wear them more than on Christmas. Something like these will do…
7. Where do you spend the holidays? Well prior to this year, we alternated: Christmas Eve with one family and Christmas Day with the other, and then the next year it switched. Now with our own child, we have made it clear that from here on out we will spend Christmas Day at home with our little family. So, Christmas Eve will alternate every year between our two families.
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat? My family’s Scotcharoons (they are really called Scotcharoos, but somehow in our family someone added an “n” and that is what they have always been called… they are peanut butter rice krispies topped with chocolate and butterscotch. MMMM, I love them!!! We also have soup at my mom’s on Christmas Eve and I love that.
9. Open presents all at once or take turns? Take turns. I HATED that we had to do this as a child, but now I like it.
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie? The Holiday… hands down. I love it, I love it, I love it. My favorite part is when she is dancing with the glass of wine in her sweats and slippers… I find myself doing that often.
Merry Christmas, Friends!